DAUGHTERS OF THE HEART OF MARY (DHM), ASSOCIATES
Living the Spirit of Jesus in the world.............
An invitation ......is extended to all those who would like to share in the spirit of the Daughters of the Heart of Mary, whose founders are Peter Joseph de Cloriviere SJ and Marie Adelaide de Cice.
We, desire to journey together with you, sharing and celebrating our charism and spirituality
- A call to be rooted in Jesus Mary as our model.
- To be in the midst of the world living according to the values of Jesus.
What does being a DHM associate involve?
- Living the Gospel values, wherever one is, in all situations.
- Living the DHM charism and spirituality.
- Sharing and supporting the DHM mission.
- Participating in meeting to share the Word of God, to share experiences of living the DHM Charism and Spirituality to strengthen and build up each other in the Lord.
- Reaching out to all with love and compassion, having a particular concern for the poor, marginalized and the oppressed.
- Promoting the sacredness of life.
May make their commitment whenever they are ready to do so.
By being a DHM associate, you do not incur any canonical, legal or financial obligations.
The four verses from the Gospels which give direction to the spirituality of the DHM.
“Do whatever He tells you” (Jn. 2 : 5) asks for a docile attention to the Holy Spirit, and perfect readiness for every kind of service.
“Behold your Mother” (Jn. 19 : 27) recalls the respect, love and confidence which we owe her whom Jesus has given us for a Mother after having chosen her to be His own.
“ I am not asking you to remove them from the world, but to protect them from the evil one” (Jn. 17 : 15) indicates a simple life in the midst of the world, lived in diverse situations but strengthened by trust in the faithfulness of Christ.
“ I shall not call you servants any more...... I call you friends” (Jn 15 : 15) emphasises a depth of intimacy with Christ, source of apostolic fruitfulness, which is sustained by a life of intense prayer.